Connecting Franklin-North Waikato Project
The Commission's Connecting Franklin-North Waikato Project aims to integrate community aspirations and plans to connect fast-growing towns in the area north and south of the Waikato River.
It will future-proof connectivity to the outdoors as the population in the area grows.
The initial stage of the project, which will involve setting up interviews with key participants in the area, and aims to:
- identify the current state of public access to the outdoors in the southern Auckland and northern Waikato, with an initial focus on connections between and within the towns of Pukekohe, Pokeno and Tuakau and along the Waikato river;
- collate current plans, strategies and future project ideas relating to public access and active transport connections, identifying shared outcomes; and
- identify any missing elements that could improve public access to the outdoors that are not currently in existence, planned or proposed.
Want to know more? Contact Asher Wilson-Goldman, project lead for the Commission: email@example.com
- Franklin North-Waikato link their communities - report release
- Off-road pathways needed to link North-Waikato towns - Media release
- Connecting Franklin-Northern Waikato Project
- A tracks and trails strategy to link South Auckland and Waikato