Puhoi to Wenderholm Kayak
Alternative Track: Puhoi to Wenderholm Walk
At the present time, the walking route to Wenderholm Regional Park is incomplete so, on an outgoing tide, you can hire a kayak for the downstream journey to Wenderholm. The kayaks do need to be pre-booked so contact:
Canoe and Kayak Hire
- Puhoi River Canoe & Kayak Hire - 84 Puhoi Rd, Puhoi (Opposite the Historic Puhoi Church) - P: 09 422 0891 or 027 2841672
Opening times - Daily 1st Sept - 30th June (Closed - Christmas Day)
- Hibiscus Kayak Hire - P: 021 1336938 - E: email@example.com - $45 for Puhoi River, $50 for half-day (4hr) or $70 for 1-day hire if you want to go further (pickup/delivery fee may apply depending on final destination). All hire includes kayak, paddle, lifejacket and drybag.
- Auckland Sea Kayaks - P: 0800 999 0899 (Freephone) - Operating throughout the summer months
Note: Exchange the kayak for your pack at the ramp on the Puhoi River side of Wenderholm Regional Park.
Requires an outgoing tide-check tides at www.niwa.co.nz/our-services/online-services/tides
- Poisons & traps at Wenderholm Regional Park
- Tides, waves & rivers - safer at low tide - better to paddle (SOBO) on outgoing tide, or (NOBO) incoming tide
- Water - wear a lifejacket.
No dogs allowed
How to get here
Map of Track
Total 1 photos. Click image above to view them all.