As a member of this site, you can leave reviews and material about Aotearoa New Zealand's tracks and trails. The Walking Access Commission Ara Hīkoi Aotearoa does not want to control what you write or to censor material.
However, in order to try to keep this website healthy and pleasant, we need members to follow a few simple guidelines:
We reserve the right to delete or edit material which:
- Is considered likely to provoke, attack or offend others;
- Is personal or offensive comments about individual members of the public;
- Is racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable;
- Contains swear words or other language likely to offend;
- Breaks the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court;
- Advertises products or services for profit;
- Attempts to impersonate someone else;
- Repeatedly posts the same or similar messages (‘spam’);
- Includes contact details such as telephone numbers and postal or email addresses;
- Contains links to other websites which break our editorial guidelines;
- Describes or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others;
We welcome feedback, both positive and negative.
The first review or material you submit will be moderated before we publish it. Subsequent reviews may be published immediately if we deem earlier material appropriate.
Any information you share as a member of this site can be viewed by site administrators, Walking Access Commission staff and sometimes third-party contractors who administer or work on the site, or who work on special projects with us.
The Walking Access Commission does not share information with any other third parties. We only use submitted information for administering, evaluating and improving the site, improving our services, and communicating with you, including responding to your feedback and information provided in submission forms.