Choose from 600+ tracks and trails across Aotearoa New Zealand.
Vacancy: Te Araroa Trail – Northland Community Relations Officer
Te Araroa - New Zealand's Trail - is a continuous 3,000 km walking track from Cape Reinga in the north to Bluff in the south. Te Araroa is the ultimate Kiwi experience.
We are now looking for a Community Relations Officer who will support Te Araroa Trust to enhance the trail in Northland.
As the successful applicant, you will develop relationships with landowners, land managers and Territorial Local Authorities. You will work with local iwi and hapū, landowners, land managers, Te Araroa Northland Regional Trust and the Northland Regional Council.
You will upgrade the trail upgrade and protect Kauri from dieback disease. You will also enhance Te Araroa Trail’s status.
We are seeking applications from people with the following attributes:
- An understanding of different land tenure and ownership e.g.: public land, private land and Māori freehold land in Northland
- Project management experience
- Experience working with iwi or hapū in Northland
- An understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and its principals
- An understanding, familiarity, or interest in GIS-based technology systems
- An ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds
This is a three month, 20 hours per week, fixed-term contract.
Please email a cover letter and your CV to Mark Weatherall, Executive Director – Te Araroa Trail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get a copy of the job description by emailing email@example.com
Applications close 5.00pm Wednesday 18 August 2021