Choose from 600+ tracks and trails across Aotearoa New Zealand.
Vacancy: Kaitohutohu Whakapā | Communications Advisor
If you spend your weekends outdoors, why not spend your weekdays writing about it. We have an exciting opportunity for a communications advisor to join our friendly team.
What we can offer
- An office in the heart of Wellington city
- The chance to make the role your own
- A supportive team environment
- The opportunity to work on our rebranding
- Team walks and plenty of morning teas
The Commission is a small Crown agent, responsible for providing leadership on outdoor access issues. Our role is to provide New Zealanders with free, certain, enduring, and practical access to the outdoors.
- Help the Commission communicate with the public
- Provide content for our written, electronic and web communications
- Basic design and layout
- Build and maintain media relationships regionally and nationally
The position is full-time. The salary is $70,000-$80,000. You will be working with the Commission’s communications manager.
- 1-5 years of experience in a communications role
- Experience with web content management system(s), preferably SilverStripe, or the ability to pick up new software quickly
- Strong written language skills
- Experience using social media as a promotional tool
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
It is desirable that you have some understanding of the Crown’s obligations under te Tiriti.
To find out more about this position please refer to the attached position description or contact Stephen Day.
Please include a CV, cover letter and two examples of your writing or communications work.
Applications close at 5:00 pm on 25 May 2022.