Choose from 600+ tracks and trails across Aotearoa New Zealand.
Vacancy: GIS Analyst
The new year brings new opportunity. Have you made it your new year resolution to look for a new geospatial direction?
The Walking Access Commission Ara Hīkoi Aotearoa is looking for an intermediate to experienced geospatial analyst to join our friendly team.
The Commission is a small Crown agent, responsible for providing leadership on outdoor access issues. Our role is to provide New Zealanders with free, certain, enduring, and practical access to the outdoors.
The GIS team’s role is to communicate the practical access possibilities to the public and to create and maintain mapping tools to support our staff in their work.
- A core part of the GIS team here in Wellington
- Help the commission build and maintain quality geospatial capability for external and internal stakeholders
- Support customers in a timely way with their technical enquiries
The position is full-time. The salary will be in the range of $80,000 – 90,000 dependant on skills. The office is in the Majestic Centre, in Wellington. You will be reporting to the GIS team manager and working closely with Commission staff to provide GIS support.
- A postgraduate qualification is desired with at least 3 years experience in the geospatial industry
- Open and personable communication style and a pro-active team member
- Working knowledge of the NZ land and survey system at a minimum
It is desirable that you have some understanding of the Crown’s obligations under te Tiriti.
To find out more about this position please refer to the attached position description or contact Matt Grose at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm 15 February 2022.