Choose from 600+ tracks and trails across Aotearoa New Zealand.
Vacancies: Te Araroa Wellington volunteer trustees
We have an exciting opportunity to be involved in the regional governance of Aotearoa New Zealand’s internationally recognised 3,000km walking trail, rated among the top long walks in the world.
Te Araroa Wellington Trust is looking to add up to two new trustees and is seeking expressions of interest from those who have experience in one or more of the following:
- An enthusiasm for and interest in Te Araroa (and walking access across Aotearoa)
- Volunteer organisation governance
- Community service fundraising and volunteering
- Promotion and marketing; ability to network with business partners, local government
- Experience in community development projects
- An appreciation for the importance of Māoritanga, iwi partnerships, and the stories of the first people of Aotearoa New Zealand
- The value of tourism to Aotearoa New Zealand
Te Araroa Wellington Trust (a regional group) assists Te Araroa Trust (at a national level) in creating community and economic opportunities for the region. The trail offers a valuable local recreational asset for those walking short or long sections and is a magnet for domestic and international visitors.
Te Araroa Wellington Trust is tasked with generating community ownership, support for the trail, regional sponsorship, and overseeing trail development and maintenance.
If you have a passion for the outdoors, are actively involved in the community, and understand how governance works, we would love to hear from you. Suppose you are enthusiastic but have more to learn about governance. In that case, the existing trustees can help you build this in a united goal to build a trail that belongs to everyone and make sure our walk of a lifetime is constantly growing and improving.
To apply: please email firstname.lastname@example.org with some information about you, your background, and why you think you would make a good Trustee.
All information will be kept confidential and used only to select new trustees. Regional and national level trustees will manage the application process for the role.
Please feel free to reach out to Te Araroa executive director Matt Claridge (email@example.com) for more information or any of the current regional trustees listed on Te Araroa website.