The people of the Walking Access Commission divide into six groups.
- The board - our independent governing body, appointed by the Minister for Agriculture.
- Senior management team - see below to meet our senior management team and organisational structure.
- Operations team - administers and implements our national strategy on outdoor access, creates and monitors our walkways, and resolves disputes.
- Regional field advisors - the public face of the Commission in the regions and the first point of contact for access issues or questions.
- Corporate services - keeps our office running smoothly, dealing with finances, administration, IT systems and our corporate responsibilities.
- Communications - tells the Commission's stories and makes sure people have the information they need about outdoor access.
- And vacancies - if you want to work for us, look here.
Senior management team
The senior management team is led by our Chief Executive Ric Cullinane and includes Deputy Chief Executive Phil Culling, Operations Manager Susan Wallis and Communications Manager Asher Wilson-Goldman:
Chief Executive | Te Tumuaki
firstname.lastname@example.org or 04 815 8509
Ric Cullinane is the organisation's Chief Executive. Prior to his appointment, he was Operations Manager for the Commission for eight years, and built the Commission’s structure and processes from new beginnings into the organisation it is today. Ric’s career has taken him around the world with the Royal New Zealand Air Force and across our country during his time at Fish & Game NZ. Ric is trusted and respected with both the recreational and farming sectors, and understands the Commission’s role as an honest and independent voice for public access to the outdoors.
Deputy Chief Executive | Te Tumuaki Tuarua
email@example.com or 04 815 8512
Phil Culling is our Deputy Chief Executive and manages our corporate services team. The corporate services team keeps our office running smoothly, dealing with finances, administration, our IT systems and our corporate and statutory responsibilities.
Operations Manager | Te Kaiwhakahaere Rauemi
firstname.lastname@example.org or 027 279 1962
Susan leads the operations team and the regional field officers. The operations team administers and implements our national strategy on outdoor access, creates and monitors our walkways, and resolves disputes. Our Regional Field Advisors (RFAs) are located throughout New Zealand. The RFAs are the public face of the Commission in the regions and the first point of contact for access issues or questions about land that is accessible to the public.
Communications Manager | Te Kaiwhakahaere Whakapā
email@example.com or 04 815 8517
Asher Wilson-Goldman looks after the Commission's communications team. The communications team tells the Commission's stories and makes sure people have the information they need about outdoor access.