Choose from 600+ tracks and trails across Aotearoa New Zealand.
Winners of the Top Outdoor Spot Competition 2020
Many thanks to the hundreds of students and their teachers who entered this year's Top Outdoor Spot Competition during the first two terms of the year.
The winners of the 2020 Top Outdoor Spot competition came from all over New Zealand– Colville in the Coromandel, Napier in the Hawkes Bay and Milton in South Otago.
Nearly 400 students entered this year’s Top Outdoor Spot competition. Much of the time the competition ran students were in lockdown. This changed the nature of the competition with many entries coming directly from students at home, rather than via classroom activities.
Many of the hundreds of entries tell the stories of things students valued during lockdown - places they wanted to go back to after lockdown. Or stories and images of life during lockdown.
The winners and place getters in each category are listed below.
- Little Bay by Piri, Year 8, Colville School
- The Lake by Bella, Year 8, Waimea Intermediate School
- Coyle Park Overlooking the Sea by Ava, Year 8, St Cuthbert’s College
- Te Ana Falls by Oliver, Year 6, Eskdale School
- Shells at the Mount by Georgia, Year 8, Tauranga Intermediate School
- Little Akaloa by Daisy, Year 8, South New Brighton School
- Rainbow Reach Kea by Daniel, Year 6, Milton Primary School
- Okains Bay by Oliver, Year 4, Russley School
- Oakura Bay by Harriet, Year 8, Selwyn House School
The top three entries in each category win a prize pack for themselves and/or their school. Prizes for this year’s Top Outdoor Spot Competition come from the generous support we get from prize sponsors Kiwi Camping, Skellerup and Potton & Burton.