Choose from 600+ tracks and trails across Aotearoa New Zealand.
Vacancy: Communications Advisor
Summer holidays are over. But if you can’t be adventuring outdoors you can at least write about it. The Walking Access Commission Ara Hīkoi Aotearoa is looking for a new communications advisor. If you’re not a walker, don’t worry, we also work for cyclists, horse riders, trail runners, hunters, anglers and more.
The Commission is a small Crown agent, responsible for providing leadership on outdoor access issues. Our role is to provide New Zealanders with free, certain, enduring, and practical access to the outdoors.
- Help the Commission communicate with the public
- Provide content for our written, electronic and web communications
- Basic design and layout
- Build and maintain media relationships regionally and nationally
The position is full-time. The salary is $70,000-$80,000. The office is in the Majestic Centre, in Wellington. You will be working with the Commission’s strategic communications manager.
- 1-5 years’ experience in a communications, public relations or marketing role
- Experience with web content management system(s), preferably SilverStripe, or the ability to pick up new software quickly
- Strong written language skills
- Experience using social media, particularly Facebook, as a promotional tool
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
It is desirable that you have some understanding of the Crown’s obligations under te Tiriti.
To find out more about this position please refer to the attached position description or contact Stephen Day at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a CV, cover letter and two examples of your writing or communications work.
Applications close 5pm Tues 9 February.