Choose from 600+ tracks and trails across Aotearoa New Zealand.
COVID-19 – what you can do in the outdoors
www.covid19outdoors.nz tells you what outdoor recreation activities you can do in each region and under each Alert Level. Visit the site for accurate and up-to-date information.
At the moment all of NZ is in Alert Level 4. That means people should stay at home — We need your support to protect New Zealand and eliminate COVID-19.
- From 11:59pm on Tuesday 17 August you can only leave home to shop for groceries, access necessary healthcare, get a COVID-19 test, exercise in your local area or go to work if you are working in an Alert Level 4 service, and you cannot work from home.
- We encourage you to wear a face covering and keep 2 metres distance from others when leaving your home. Especially if it is difficult to maintain physical distance from others.
- You can go for a walk, run or bike ride in your local area. Exercise is good for your mental health.
- If you do, it must be on your own, or with your household bubble.
- Keep a 2-metre distance.
- Do not do activities that may require search and rescue services. For example, do not go swimming, surfing, boating, hunting or tramping.
- If you are unwell, do NOT go outside.